Hey there! It’s been a gloomy week here in Atlanta, so we decided to stay inside and bake up a batch of some super delicious sugar cookies with homemade icing! It really helped to brighten our day. (:
White Granulated Sugar: 1 cup
Baking Powder: 2 teaspoons
Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
All Purpose Flour: 3 cups
Butter: 1 cup (softened)
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and line your baking sheet with your Zenlogy parchment paper.
- Mix together your softened butter and sugar until they are smoothly combined.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and continue mixing.
4. In a sparate bowl, combine your flour and baking powder and mix them together.
5. Mix your dry and wet ingredients together slowly mixing the dry into the wet and combining until the mixture is crumbly.
6. Wet your hands and knead the dough by hand. Separate into 2 or 3 small balls of dough for more manageable rolling. I did this on top of a parchment paper sheet and it really helped to keep the mess down and keep the dough from sticking to the surface.
7. Sprinkle flour on the surface you are rolling on and atop the dough and roll out until it is about 1/4 “ thick.
8. Cut out the shapes you want from the dough (I used the top of a cup).
9. Place the cookies on the parchment sheet lined tray and bake them for 10 minutes.
10. While you are baking your cookies, you have time to whip up your icing!
Confectioner’s Sugar: 3 cups
Vanilla: ½ teaspoon
Milk: ¼ cup
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl. Add more milk for a more liquidy consistency.
2. You’re done! You can add food coloring to the icing to zest it up a bit.
We had a great time with this recipe. It was really simple and the cookies were an absolute hit!
Don't forget to subscribe to our email list to get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Leave a comment